The Columbia Regional Learning Center (CRLC) is guided by the expertise of the National Center for Disaster Preparedness (NCDP), Columbia University faculty, and nationally known subject matter experts. The learning center provides both web-based and in-person training sessions for public health workers and other responders. These trainings are designed to help public health workers master the skills and knowledge – and demonstrate the competencies – that they will need in a public health emergency. Please visit our free Learning Management System to access online certificate courses and training resources.
- To develop, deliver, and evaluate core competency-based training and education, online and in person, that targets the public health workforce and addresses the public health preparedness and response needs of state, local, and tribal public health authorities.
- To meet our regional partners’ unique public health preparedness and response workforce development needs by providing specialized training, education, and consultations.
- CRLC’s competency-based curricula have been developed by subject matter experts at Columbia University and at the national and international level. Our innovative methodology anchors course development and enhances the learner’s experience. The Center offers multiple learning platforms, customized content, and a variety of training delivery formats.
- The CRLC offers over 50 free online courses and webinars covering key issues and current topics in emergency and disaster preparedness. Topics covered include: the Fundamentals of Emergency Preparedness; Leadership and Management; Communication; Assessment / Surveillance / Epidemiology; Medical Counter-Measures & Point of Dispensing (PODs); Mass Care/ Mass Fatality / Clinical; Environmental / Worker Safety / Climate / Chemical; Children/ Special Populations/ Vulnerable Populations and Mental Health.
- Our curricula have the following structure: Pre-test, course modules, post-test, and satisfaction survey. After completion of these units, learners receive a certificate of completion. It is also possible to request face to face training at Columbia University’s facilities, with instruction provided by university faculty.
- Related News Story
Funded by: Cooperative Agreement 5U90TP000419-03 from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
The Columbia Regional Learning Center (CRLC) is one of the 14 Preparedness and Emergency Response Learning Centers (PERLC) funded by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to provide training for the public health workforce.