These maps are composed of publicly available data on the following topics:
- FEMA layers – Open Red Cross shelter locations and populations (LIVE), damage asessments
- Weather – this includes live river gauge data, radar, storm path, watches and warnings as well a flood extent data
- Infrastructure – Hospitals, childcare centers, schools, power plants, etc
- Demographics – Number of households with children, un-insurance rates, poverty, social vulnerability, and income inequality
- Health – Prevalence of chronic disease
- Hazards – Superfund site locations
- Traffic (LIVE)
The ‘Select’ tool can be used to count the number of assets in any geometry. For example, you could identify then number of child care centers in the 5-day uncertainty area weather forecast.
*NOTE: Some maps may take longer to load than others. Additionally, live data feeds are currently under stress and some map services may change without warning.